Friday, May 9, 2008

A Dream



I was running. I could feel my heart pounding. My arms were tingling but they liked it. I couldn't stop myself. I couldn't stop myself from running. What was i running from? I didn't know and nor did my body, so we kept going. I thought about the way the rain hit my back. Did I like the way it pelted me? The way it hit me and made my skin bleed; it felt like needles that didn't miss a micro spot. No, it wasn't that or the ground either. Maybe its the way my face glows. Wait, I can't see myself. What about the air? It's warm, a distinct contrast to the rain. Then, I stopped. That was it. Running didn't matter if I didn't have a choice to stop-- the difference between water and air showed me this.

[Now, sitting here, I can make a comparison that I couldn't make during my dream. Yes, I did have this dream.. I'm not really sure why, but I can guess that it is as a result of the recent book I can't put down. Also, I didn't know how to craft my own post, so I may have been running from that-- who knows? Still, there is so much in this book. It has renewed my desire to be human, despite war. In it, our world has been taken by a species of aliens called souls. I'm not going to provide a larger summary, but there is one quote that will be in my mind forever. Because of it, I now understand war and am oddly ok with it. I'm not saying that I think war should be condoned, but I recognize the beauty and absolute incandescence of its opposite. Stephenie Meyer has articulated it better than I could have ever hoped. She asks:
"[Is human love] simply better somehow? Because these humans could hate with so much fury, was the other end of the spectrum that they could love with more heart and zeal and fire?"

To answer, yes, I definitely think they can.]

No comments: